Business Development Coordinator
Business Development Coordinator
Full-Time; Permanent; Bargaining Member of OPEIU Local 17
- Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or advanced professional degree. The qualified candidate will have two-three years of proven outside business-to-business sales success with Northeast Ohio employers and the ability to work with municipalities in a defined territory. Will have knowledge of current economic trends relating to employment in the Cuyahoga County area, will have a working knowledge of the geographic area, possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, and own reliable transportation for business use. Candidate will have a positive and energetic work attitude, possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the willingness to succeed, have solid time management skills, exhibit excellent verbal, written, interpersonal relationship building and presentation skills, self motivated, creative with a willingness and eagerness to learn. Must be proficient in basic computer software (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint), preferred typing speed of 35 wpm, and have the ability to learn internal software programs. Must have strong research skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of clients. Candidates must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to perform duties at irregular hours.
- Identify the needs of regional businesses and develop long-term relationships with them. To help businesses compete by servicing their Human Capital needs while satisfying the intentions and requirements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Provides screening assistance to employers in processing employment applications for hiring needs (on-line, collect, review, and submit to employer). Proctoring pre-employment applicant assessments for groups or individuals as part of the screening assistance for employers. The process of searching and/or accessing, screening, and referring a job seeker’s resume to an employer seeking talent. Communication with the employer to determine if an individual has been hired.
- Provide Skill-Marketing information to employers including real-time data of qualified candidates within local and state databases.
- Be proactive in data research, analyzing labor market information prior to outreach to employers.
- Perform “Boolean/Keyword” searches in internal databases to identify “qualified” candidates for employer job openings. Utilizing this information to provide data results to employers and for reporting purposes.
- Develop expertise in In-Demand Occupations, targeting employers throughout Cuyahoga County, creating working relationships with them to assist in linking jobseekers to employment opportunities, while specializing in Sector Partnership Agreements.
- Provides Labor Market Information, including but not limited to the following: Affirmative Action Statistics, Regional and County Economic information, Economic Trend and Forecasts, Education and Training Outcomes, Job and Industry Growth Patterns, Non-Proprietary Employer Information, Occupational Descriptions, Population and Demographic Information, Skill Standards, Age levels and Various Occupations.
- Performs Employer Analysis utilizing Labor Market Information, Burning Glass software, etc.
- Provides information on the development of career pathways for a particular employer, group of employers, or an industry sector.
- Provides information to employers regarding employment of veterans, minorities, ex-offenders and the disabled. Provides mass layoff and plant closure assistance in order to assist dislocated workers in obtaining reemployment as soon as possible.
- Provides employer development, planning, and referral services to help employers with marketing, consulting, networking, referral, and public relations efforts. This service also includes succession planning, such as executive transition, aging workforce organizational movement, or employer ownership.
- Assist employers in Workforce retention, analyzing causes and offering suggestions to reduce worker turnover. Must meet financial hiring incentives with a focus on In-Demand Jobs (OJTs, Customized & Incumbent Worker Training).
- Work in tandem with a Recruiter team to fill open positions and meet team placement goals.
- Maintain contact with an on-going list of employers for potential job referrals for clients.
- Assist in Employer Development, planning and Referral Services in efforts to utilize services to assist employers.
- Perform job development duties in a planned and targeted manner to reach established job order goals as set by the Business Service Sales Manager.
- Engage and provide knowledge to employers regarding On-the-Job (OJT) training contracts, develop contracts, monitor application and training plans while holding employer accountable to contract terms.
- Provides workforce incentives information regarding incentives available to employers (e.g., WOTC, Welfare-to-Work, Veterans, other) Record job orders in OWCMS and PCRecruiter.
- Assist in the development and delivery of career expos and job fairs with area employers for jobseekers. Accept employer calls regarding program services and eligibility guidelines.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of WIOA rules, regulations, business service incentives, policy, procedures and funding source guidelines.
- Understand Eligibility determination, Labor Exchange services and Labor Market Information.
- Learn multiple industries and become knowledgeable in these specific areas.
- Develop and implement on-site recruitments by area employers at the various sites throughout Cuyahoga County. Meets objectives, goals and deadlines on time and keep accurate records of all activity as it relates to established individual and team goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and dress in business attire.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of organization’s product services and grants to facilitate sales efforts.
- Network with local chambers of commerce and municipalities to find business leads, develop business relationships and understand the drivers of local economic development.
- Provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction with a sales focus and develop long term business relationships.
- Reports to Business Services Manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Business Service Manager and/or senior management of ULA.