Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma, but a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. This position requires someone who has solid high volume staffing experience. Two years of experience may substitute for each year of higher education lacking. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, have excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette, have excellent computer skills with extensive experience using databases and internet research skills. Three years of recruiting experience or job matching with a workforce development environment preferred. Knowledge of regional economy and geography. Extensive experience within an economic sector a plus. Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s license and have transportation available for business use.
- Fill open job orders as developed by Business Service Team with qualified EC job seekers.
- Meet individual and team goals as established by Recruiting Manager and Business Services Manager, specifically the number of yearly placements.
- Work in tandem with a Business Service Consultant to match qualified candidates to open positions developed by the BSC to match job seekers to multiple openings in a single call. Work directly with Business Service Consultant team member.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of job seeker databases
- Work closely with Employment Specialists to find qualified candidates.
- Screen potential candidates for appropriateness of referral and assess job seeker qualifications and work history.
- Work on large scale recruiting initiatives for a single employer where you will be responsible for finding candidates for recruiting events and scheduling candidates for interview times.
- Learn multiple industries and skill sets that employers seek.
- Service regional employers in solving their human capital needs and understand the skills and qualifications they seek.
- Build excellent relationships throughout the One-Stop offices and provide feedback to Employment Specialists on their job seekers.
- Assist with follow-up calls to job seekers.
- Assist with job development targeting with BSC team members.
- Meet tight timelines and deadlines and possess excellent time management skills.
- Build working relationships with partner agencies to source job seekers.
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of WIA rules, regulations and policy changes.
- Reports to Recruiting Manager.
- Maintain professional dress.