Job Search Skills Instructor
Qualifications: Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or related field with at least two years experience in a vocational counseling/job placement or training position. The candidate should have knowledge of current economic trends relating to employment in the Greater Cleveland area, a working knowledge of geographic area, possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, a positive work attitude and the ability to work well with a diverse group of clients. Excellent writing and computer skills required, and specifically the candidates must possess superior resume writing and proofreading skills. Candidate must possess a positive and energetic attitude and be a problem-solver. Duties:
- Teach curriculum of Career Workshop and document attendance at OMJSC Center as scheduled.
- Respond to all workshop participant requests and individual tutoring needs.
- Work with Recruiters to find qualified candidates for open positions.
- Maintain and update training manual and curricula for instruction; suggest modifications and develop new course offerings, if necessary.
- Provide advice and instruction for resume development of clients.
- Coordinate and schedule job club sessions.
- Follow-up on job seeking efforts of workshop graduates in concert with efforts of Employment Specialists.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of Workforce Investment Act rules, regulations and procedures, with regards to eligibility, sequence of services and policy changes.
- Make proper referrals to appropriate social service agencies. Document all counseling contacts, sessions and referrals in case notes. Integrate efforts with Employment Specialists.
- Maintain current and accurate case notes. Convey needed participant information and changes for computer database storage.
- Assist in the delivery of services at Rapid Response events by developing shorter training modules, by training Rapid Response staff, and by acting as a link between Transition Centers and Center services.
- Assist with post-placement follow-up calls as needed.
- Assist with on-site recruitments when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Program Manager and senior management of ULA.