Customer Service Representative
Position requires a minimum of high school diploma (college degree preferred). The person should have knowledge of current economic trends relating to employment in the Greater Cleveland area, a working knowledge of geographic area, possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of job seekers. Excellent customer service skills, phone skills, and quick and accurate typing skills required. General understanding of workforce services, partner agencies and WIA. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work as a team. A positive and energetic attitude is essential in this position.
- Maintain front desk of the One-Stop, directing job seekers, employers and guests to appropriate services, and answering phones.
- Maintain a working knowledge of workforce services, partner agencies, and related workforce development programs.
- Accept all phone calls and walk-ins from prospective job seekers of WIA services. Explain services and screen applicants.
- Assist job seekers with registering for the Job Search Database or workshops.
- Assist in the monitor and of the Resource Center.
- Maintain order and create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Assist in employer recruitment and orientation sessions as assigned.
- Answer inquiries from predictive dialing events and refer candidates to the appropriate recruiter.
- Assist in delivering Orientation sessions in conjunction with the Employment Specialist staff and maintain familiarity of all One-Stop partners.
- Maintain professional dress.
- Provide one-on-one intake sessions and other activities deemed “core” services under Workforce Investment Act (WIA) guidelines.
- Explain WIA services in all recruitment efforts, including, but not limited to: plant closings, community meetings, job fairs, and ODJFS meetings.
- Accept and respond to all inquiries regarding program services, eligibility guidelines and orientation sessions.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of Workforce Investment Act (WIA) rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Input all data from orientation sessions, rapid responses, and recruitments.
- Assist in collating packets of information for various workshops and events.
- Assist in follow-up calls to job seekers to determine outcomes.
- Gather placement information from job seekers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of job search process, scheduled workshops, available services, upcoming recruitments, job fairs and other events.
- Reports to One-Stop Manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by One-Stop Manager.