Business Service Representative
Position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or advanced professional degree. The qualified candidate will have two-three years of proven outside business to business sales success with Northeast Ohio employers and the ability to work with municipalities in a defined territory, will have knowledge of current economic trends relating to employment in the Greater Cleveland area, will have a working knowledge of the geographic area, possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, own reliable transportation for business use, have a positive and energetic work attitude, possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the willingness to succeed, have solid time management skills, exhibit excellent verbal, written, interpersonal relationship building and presentation skills, self motivated, creative with a willingness and eagerness to learn, be proficient in basic computer software (MS Word, Excel) and have the ability to learn internal software programs along with research skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse group of clients. Candidates must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to perform duties at irregular hours.
- Identify the needs of regional businesses and develop long-term relationships with them. To help businesses compete by servicing their Human Capital needs while satisfying the intentions and requirements of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
- Contact area employers by phone, mail and in-person visits to develop new job openings for job seekers of OMJ-Lake County workforce development network. Maintain superior knowledge of sales techniques including cold calling (in-person, via telephone) networking and lead generation
- Fill open positions and meet team placement goals.
- Maintain contact with an on-going list of employers for potential job referrals for clients.
- Engage employers willing to use On-the-Job (OJT) training contracts, develop contracts, monitor application process and training plans.
- Perform job development duties in a planned and targeted manner to reach established job order goals as set by the Business Service Sales Manager.
- Record job orders in databases.
- Assist in the development and delivery of career expos and job fairs with area employers for jobseekers.
- Accept employer calls regarding program services and eligibility guidelines.
- Keep an up-to-date knowledge of Workforce Investment Act rules, regulations, business service incentives, policy, procedures and funding source guidelines.
- Develop and implement on-site recruitments by area employers.
- Meets objectives, goals and deadlines on time and keep accurate records of all activity as it relates to established individual and team goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and dress in business attire.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of organization’s product services and grants to facilitate sales efforts.
- Network with local chambers of commerce and municipalities to find business leads, develop business relationships and understand the drivers of local economic development.
- Provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction with a sales focus and develop long term business relationships.
- Match qualified candidates to open positions.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of job seeker databases
- Work closely with Career Development Specialists to find qualified candidates.
- Screen potential candidates for appropriateness of referral and assess job seeker qualifications and work history.
- Work on large scale recruiting initiatives for a single employer where you will be responsible for finding candidates for recruiting events and scheduling candidates for interview times.
- Learn multiple industries and skill sets that employers seek.
- Build excellent relationships throughout the One-Stop offices and provide feedback to Career Development Specialists on their job seekers.
- Assist with follow-up calls to job seekers.
- Meet tight timelines and deadlines and possess excellent time management skills.
- Build working relationships with partner agencies to source job seekers.
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Perform all other duties as directed.